With this technology, one or more Windows servers have your applications installed on them. End users are then presented these applications to run on their client device. This enables any supported client device to run a Windows application remotely and securely.
While it is possible to connect users to the desktop of the server, it is not recommended. Instead, the user sees just the applications he or she needs. With desktop users, the application can appear on their desktop or Start menu as if it were installed on their local machine – the fact that the application is running on a remote server is transparent to the end users.
- Easy to push out applications to many users at once
- Applications only need to be updated on the server
- Supports the widest array of client devices
- Environments where end users need central access to business development applications, such as an ERP application
- Environments with a large, diverse array of client devices
Recommendation from our Senior Level Engineer, Ken Curtis:
“Citrix has long been the leader in this technology – I first used Metaframe back in the Windows NT 3.5 days. While VMware and Microsoft offer similar solutions, neither has all of the features or benefits that a Citrix XenApp infrastructure will provide. Morse Technologies actively supports the VMware and Microsoft solutions, but our recommendation for application virtualization is Citrix XenApp 6.5 on Windows 2008 R2.” -Ken Curtis
View all of our Cloud Services